Dr. Gonzo (Stu Esty) – Dr. Gonzo’s Uncommon Condiments


Dr. Gonzo (Stu Esty) – Dr. Gonzo’s Uncommon Condiments - Worcester, MA

Age
52

Political Orientation
I am a member of the Bull-Moose Party. Yes, Teddy Rosevelts party, I’m bringing it back.

Religious Orientation
Yes, I’m an Eastern Orthodox Unitarian. You get the big hat, the incense balls, the big beards and anything goes.

Job Tite
I am the Founder and CEO of. Dr. Gonzo’s Uncommon Condiments

Role in Community
I am a street sweeper, I am a dish washer, I am entrepreneur, a musician…I make people giggle, I suppose..people say: “Do you do stand up comedy?” God I’m too tired, usually I just lay down and women point and laugh at me.


Talk about your relationship with your Local Independent community.
I always felt that large chains weren’t the way for me. As I traveled across the country When I was traveling across the country, and I had a bad case of wanderlust for many years, and I would find out what makes this region, different from that region.

A lot of what I’m doing here has a lot do with what I’m doing here has to do with it. The ingredients I’m using, the flavors I’m mixing together. If it wasn’t for ‘local’ I wouldn’t be doing this. I try to utilize as many local t-shirt vendors, artists, musicians…

If your Local Indie community was an animal, what animal would it be and why?
I would say a Zebra. When they’re running in a herd, they’re hard to distinguish one from the other, but when you stick ‘em out, you know by themselves, they’re much more visible. They’re much more effective in a herd though.

Which one Local Independent would you and your community miss the most if they were gone? Why?
Armsby Abbey. He’s bringing in all types of great food, slow food. He’s changing the pallets of everybody in central Massachussets, he’s supporting local artists, local musicians.. Ya I would say if Alec Lopez was not here, I’d miss him terribly.

What’s one lesson you can share from your entrepreneurship and organizing?
Make sure its customer centric. Make sure your focus is on customers. You have one chance every day to make your customer happy. And if you can do that, you’ll create difference.

What’s one message you’d like to share with anyone who might interact with this project?
EAT MORE PEPPER MASH!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment